Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's Never So Simple

I was in the car with my mom the other day and she just kept talking on and on, asking about things on and on... and then after a while, she shuts off the radio and asks, "What's wrong?". I say "Nothing" and turn the radio back on. She shuts it off again and keeps asking me what's wrong... telling me that I look completely lost and upset about something. And after about the third "What's wrong?" I'm crying and I don't know why. She's like "My baby!!!! WHAT'S WRONG? NOW YOU'RE CRYING" and I can't even talk, I avoid making eye contact by staring out the window and shuffling around to grab whatever tissues are lying around the car.

I hate hate HATE being asked those two words. Because when the water works come, it's unstoppable, and you sit and think... Wait. What the hell. I guess I was having one of those really bad days for no reason, or for every reason. Then my mom goes on to say, "Are you pregnant? Because... because if you are, i've been wanting to have a baby around for awhile now." Okay mom. No, that's... that's not it.

3 comments:

Elaine Wu said...

dianeypoo. if you ever want to talk or just sit with someone or whatever, i'm here.

....at least you looked hot today, even with the waterworks i'm sure.<3

vibe said...

LMAO I love filipino parents. They never know what to say ;). I love you though. Everyone has those days (I did not quote Miley Cyrus. Like you said, for no reason or for ever reason. As long as you don't dwell and you keep your head up, there's nothing wrong with getting a cry out sometimes. :D I love you.

QTFTW said...

Diane you know that I am here for you. I can absolutely relate.
<3 You're not alone.