Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's 12AM, and staying in is not an option.

Some of the prettiest beaches are approximately 8 miles away. EIGHT miles. And how many times have I taken advantage of the fact that they're an arm length away? Probably less than the fingers on my hands. Totally unacceptable. It didn't hit me until just this past week how truly amazing the ocean is... how lively the city is around it at night because people are either going to a bar, clubbing with friends, clubbing to look for something else, eating at 24 hour donuts places, eating at food joints that close at 2:30 am. So un-Irvine like. So so much better.

A big part of me wishes I was 21 already so I can just go to a bar, openly meet people, and not quickly turn the other direction when a guy yells "HEY YOU in the stripes! YOU!" directly to you and then decides to walk quickly after you. I'd much rather turn to him, flip my hair, and go "I have a name that I respond to, but since I won't be giving it to you, please go yell at something else." Then walk off and laugh. Okay maybe not, but hey, there's something intriguing about the whole thing.

2 comments:

Kim said...

dude, i so agree! hahah maybe not flip my hair, but ya know like turn around flash a sexy smile be like ah yeah you can't touch this, look :)
ya know girlfriend! we'll be hittin the bars like curazy when we can!!! :) love ya<3

Diane said...

KIMMM YES! you better hold on to that, because I will be calling you for many girl's night outs bar hopping or whatnot :P <3