Friday, April 1, 2011

I never want to relive those two heaviest, most painful days of my life that happened earlier this week. I was hurt, I was confused, angry... and made a hasty decision. Decisions should not be made and acted upon when highly emotionalized. I always told myself I would never make a decision like that unless I completely meant it and knew completely I wouldn't take it back. I don't want to be one of those relationships where you break up a million times and everybody gets sick of it. This is the first time it happened, and I want to make sure it's the last. Although I was hurt by some of your actions, I hurt both of us to the extreme by dealing with it the way I did. I just didn't know what else to do. But every word you said to me after it happened, even though I acted cold and stubborn, I knew you genuinely meant it all. I believed it. It broke my heart even more knowing you were out there hurting just as much as I was.... yet you kept fighting for us. No matter how hard I stood my ground, and insisted on ending everything, you wouldn't give up on me... on us. And that meant more to me than anything I could ever ask for. No one said relationships were supposed to be easy... What we have is worth fighting for. Thank you for reminding me of that. Thank you for being strong when I couldn't. My heart felt you in every way when you told me that, and I couldn't agree more. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else but you.

No comments: