Saturday, January 24, 2009

Think, Do, Happen

It's really something else when you realize that something you have now, was only this fragment of idea that consumed your thoughts once upon a time. But it takes awhile to actually see it, and go, wow, life does work in your favor through one persistent mindset. I'm beginning to believe more and more in our individual power to just.. make things happen.. especially when you don't even realize that it's happening before your eyes.

Four years ago, I was a wee little freshman (in my attitude not necessarily my physicality because sadly, I haven't progressed in an acceptable height) who completely admired and looked up to the leads and cast members of the huge theatre productions at my own high school. I saw them as these big people who can do amazing things, and who just look so good being in charge. I admired even those who lead the drama club. Everything. And now... I look back and at this point, i'm not just one of those people, i'm all of them. (And that's not meant to sound big-headed in anyway). What i'm trying to say is that i've been given the responsibilities of most of the people I admired combined. And I never sat back and saw it that way until recently. Because four years ago, I never would've imagined that I could be doing so much, let alone being handed the job as assistant director of the musical.. where at first it's like, oh okay cool no biggie, just another job to have fun with. But then, I allowed myself to think harder. 14 spots in a cast. 1 spot for a VP. 1 spot for an AD. I definitely have taken the whole picture for granted.

That was way longer than I intended but my point is that how small or big this might mean to me... Many things have happened this way where you could only imagine it being true, and it hits you at one point, that wow, "this was exactly what I wanted." It just gives me good hope that the same will happen for even bigger and better things in the future. *knockonwood.

2 comments:

x said...

all i can say is,
this helps.

Diane said...

Aw! i'm really really thrilled to hear that :)