Friday, August 7, 2009

I single-handedly screwed this up.

I could possibly be living one of my biggest fears... Feeling left behind, as if I allowed myself to fuck up in the end because I know I didn't bust my ass in school to end up here. Today, I thought, what can I do to change things now? Anything to get me out of going to a community college. UCSB is out of the question one because, I needed an intent to register months before and two, even with financial aid, there's no way I can pay for it myself. (Parents' money not an option).

And then I thought, well, at least go to a cal state! Save the university for grad school. I mean its not like I need to save up for an elite school for what I plan on doing for my future... But wow silly me, of course Fullerton can't accept me now. Their mandatory orientation was a long while ago. And I'm not even sure how much I'll get from financial aid.

Shit. If I wasn't so blindsided by the hopefulness of my dreams these past months, I would've had this reality check a lot sooner. Now I have to step it up, make tons of phone calls, muster up my best negotiating skills from nineteen years and hope that my god, things will turn out all right.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: